The most extensive and up-to-date look at the daily status of refinery operations in the United States, delivered via email twice daily.
As oil companies slash oil refining capacity, the operational health of the remaining units becomes increasingly important. A brief upset at a distillation unit or a fluid catalytic cracker on the U.S. East Coast can send gasoline futures prices sharply higher. The immediacy of the effect on market prices means time is of the essence in learning about disruptions, and the startup and shutdown of refinery units.
Genscape's Refinery Intelligence service helps you:
- Assess market implications on crude oil demand and supply of refined products in a given region by providing notice of outages of key processing units at refineries
- Achieve a comprehensive view of refinery utilization by product class across the three most-important geographic regions in the United States
- Understand market conditions by reading daily commentary featuring unique insight into the crude and refining markets based on Genscape's institutional knowledge of refinery operations
- Gain insight into real-time supply and demand when you know the intra-day changes in the status of product-specific units at refineries
Refinery Intelligence combines observations obtained from visual and infrared cameras with in-house analytical and technological expertise to provide an unrivaled view into real-time operations at U.S. refineries. We currently monitor 47% of overall refinery capacity in the United States, including 69% of East Coast refineries, 72% of Midcontinent refineries and 53% of Gulf Coast refineries.
Refinery Intelligence clients receive:
- Morning Refinery Intelligence Report: a PDF delivered via email each day at 10AM ET; it contains detailed information on the status of monitored units at covered refineries in the East Coast, Midcontinent and Gulf Coast regions by product class, giving customers insight into the production of light products, middle distillates and heavy products. The report includes detailed commentary on conditions at selected refineries and other market-moving information.
- Afternoon Refinery Intelligence Report: a PDF delivered via email each day at 2PM ET; this data-only report contains updated information on the status of the monitored units at covered refineries by product class.
- Access to Genscape's online portal with detailed information on the status of refineries in each of the geographical regions, including real-time images of operations at the refineries and unit statuses by refinery and by product type.
Genscape offers free trials of its oil market services. Click here to learn more about the Refinery Intelligence service and sign up for a free trial.