Who Is Genscape
Genscape has subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities around the world (“Subsidiaries and Affiliates”) and is part of the Daily Mail & General Trust Group (“DMGT”). With your consent, these Subsidiaries and Affiliates may provide services and information to you on behalf of Genscape.
Our Website is operated by Genscape, Inc. of 445 E. Market Street, Louisville, Kentucky, 40202, USA.
Information We May Collect and How We Use It
Genscape collects and uses personal and non-personal information from its users.
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
The information we collect may be the following:
- Personal information (for example your name and email address) when you register with the website for services or events and voluntarily provide the information.
- Personal information you post or provide when using the Website or Services, such as message board postings and chat room submissions.
- Personal information obtained from an email or phone contact.
- Personal information obtained from satisfaction and product surveys issued from time to time.
- Personal information provided when you visit our career site, submit an application for a position, or query about a job opening.
- Information transmitted by your computer when you use the website may be collected and stored by Genscape. This includes your IP address, browser data, traffic and location data and information we receive from cookies.
Non-personal information is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. Genscape may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
If Genscape combines personal data with non-personal data the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Visitors who provide personal or non-personal information to us about the company for whom they work are presumed to have the authority to provide such information and we will assume that such information is accurate.
Genscape uses contact and other information voluntarily given by our Site users or obtained through Site tracking to enhance user experience on our Sites by personalizing the experience. Information we collect may also be used in the following ways:
- To register you as a user of the Website.
- To identify you when you visit the Website including assisting you with logging in.
- To provide our Services and Information to you and to notify you about changes to our Services and/or the Website.
- To keep you posted on Genscape and its Subsidiary and Affiliates and, with proper consent, DMGT’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. You may opt out anytime by contacting Genscape customer care and/or client services (contact information above).
- For marketing purposes where you consent to us sharing such data with third parties.
- To enable attendance at our events, provide newsletters/alerts, and fulfill other requests.
- To ensure the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- To help administer our Website and Services generally.
- To plan future content, services and events based on users' interests and our assessment of important trends and issues in the industries we serve.
- We may use visitors IP address to determine roughly where users are located, so that we can deliver advertisements to them while they are on our Sites.
Who Else May Use Your Data
Genscape may share aggregated demographic information and user data with our partners. This data/information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Genscape may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- For marketing purposes where you consent to us sharing such data with third parties.
- To third-party vendors, consultants or other service providers in connection with the operation of the Sites and our business ("Service Providers") who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. For example, we may use credit card processing or verification service companies to verify credit card information.
- To our affiliated companies and DMGT if with proper consent.
- As required by law to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Genscape or other Website users.
International Users who access the Site and provide personal information must fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States and other countries or territories. Personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States.
Registration and Marketing
To use certain portions of our Sites and to access certain requested content and information, a user must first complete registration and request forms. During registration and requests, users are required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to provide the user with a more personalized online experience, to process requests and orders, to track references and topics of interest and to contact the user about products and services on our Site for which interest has been expressed. You will only receive communication from us if you have consented to this at the time of registering or through other communications with us. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for U.S. based products and email@example.com for European and non-U.S. based products.
Like most Web sites, we also collect certain anonymous information from visitors on our Site. This may include the IP address of the computer visitors are using, the browser software and operating system they are using, the date and time they are accessing our site, and the Internet address of the web site from which they linked directly to our Sites. Additionally, we may collect information detailing which pages they visited on the Site and how they got there.
This information is collected in the aggregate and is used only to provide us with a statistical overview of our Site usage. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movement, personalize the user experience, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This data may be linked to personally identifiable information for these purposes.
Visitors can configure their browsers to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify them when a cookie is sent. Visitors need to be aware that restricting, blocking or deleting cookies used by our Sites may have an adverse impact on the functionality of the Sites, or on their ability to access or use them.
None of the cookies that we use contain information such as your real name or address, so you cannot be identified personally from the cookies.
Examples of how cookies are used on our Sites include the following:
- Remembering that customers have already given a user name and password, so that they do not need to input these every time they visit the Site or move from one web page to another within the Site.
- Keeping track of preferences visitors specify while they are using Genscape's services.
- Displaying the most appropriate content and messages, based on visitors’ defined preferences, interests, and activity with Genscape.
- Estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic.
- Gathering information on how visitors use the Site, so as to help us improve the way the Site works and to improve our service to users.
Third-Party Cookies on Genscape Sites
Links to Other Websites
Keeping Information Current
We aim to keep any personal information we hold up to date, accurate and error free. Please help us to keep your information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any relevant changes in the personal data we hold about you. You can also ask us to correct any personal data we hold about you. In your request, please specify which data is inaccurate, and what correction you want us to make. You may contact us for these purposes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have certain rights to see the information we hold about you. Any request for such information may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with such details. Please contact email@example.com if you are U.S. based or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are based in Europe.
As part of Genscape's pledge to protect visitors’ privacy, we have implemented technologies and security policies to protect the stored personal data of our users from unauthorized access. We cannot, however, guarantee that such technologies and policies will be effective, which visitors should consider when disclosing information to us through Genscape's Sites.
Site and Service Updates
We occasionally send customers and users Site and service announcement updates. Customers are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the services which they have purchased.
We communicate with users via email, postal mail or phone to provide requested services and to make them aware of issues relating to their account.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under thirteen.
Contents copyright Genscape, Inc. & Genscape International, Inc. 2002-2012© US: +1 502 583 3435 EU: +31 20 524 4080