We monitor real-time flows on critical crude oil pipelines supplying and servicing key storage hubs, production basins, and refineries. Notably, we cover 91% of the pipeline network connected to Cushing, OK, in real time. Be the first to know about major pipeline shutdowns, start-ups, and flow changes. Use our comprehensive coverage to create granular supply and demand models, with accurate PADD to PADD movements and insight into refinery operations via specific pipeline feedstock data.
Keep an eye on the Pipeline Crossroads of the World:
- Timeliness: Get real-time alerts and half-hourly flow updates by pipeline for quick assessment of market moving events. Be the first to react.
- Comprehensiveness: Analyze pipeline flow data connected to key storage hubs and refineries in the mid-continent. Use flow data as a proxy for production basins connected to the mid-continent, including Western Canada, Bakken, Permian Niobrara, SCOOP, and STACK.
- Predictability: Use our real-time flow data to front run Cushing crude inventory data from the EIA.
- Collaboration: Purchase this report with the Cushing Crude Oil Storage Report and receive the Cushing Balance Supplement Report, an analysis and discussion of pipeline flow dynamics pertaining to Cushing storage inventories.
- Intelligence: Receive ad hoc intelligence reporting on critical pipeline infrastructure progress, which could reveal potential delays.
Use real-time pipeline data to front run storage inventories or other market moving data releases. Trade grade differentials by assessing real-time utilization rates on long haul pipelines from one region to another. Be the first to know about unplanned outages and duration of planned outages.
Generate and maintain supply and demand balances by using pipeline flow data to track PADD to PADD movements or serve as a real-time proxy for regional production dynamics.
Mitigate risk by understanding potential supply and demand imbalances via pipeline flow data. Real-time pipeline flow data can provide insights and guidance for crude oil price hedging, crack spread hedging, and spot market activity and price hedging.
Assess financial positions with exposure to crude oil prices in real time.
INDEPENDENT & iNTEGRATED OIL COMPANIES:
Stay updated on pipeline assets and their utilization rates throughout the Mid-Continent region. Assess the potential for regional bottle-necking or overbuilding as production and takeaway capacity dynamics evolve.
Assess the need for potential new pipeline capacity or the risk of overbuilding by analyzing competitors' utilization rates. See where spare pipeline capacity exists in real time.
EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION companies:
Mitigate the risk of limited takeaway capacity from production regions by analyzing pipeline utilization rates and effective capacities.