You are here
Access never-before-seen national outlooks based on proprietary, physical monitoring
Gain access to forecasts available up to 7 days ahead of NOPA releases and up to 3 weeks ahead of NASS releases
With proprietary, real-time, physical monitoring of a strong statistical sample of the U.S. soybean crushing population, Genscape composes its national outlook based on observations from key soybean processing facilities.
The plant processing rates form the foundation for Genscape's national outlooks, which are sent to clients on the Monday prior to the release of the National Oilseed Processors Association (NOPA) statistics, which is up to seven days ahead of the NOPA report, and up to three weeks ahead of the NASS report, providing timely, impactful data that assists clients in making more informed, timely decisions.
Genscape's real-time monitoring enables the separation of a "normal" processing period from an outage or low operational period for a facility. Normal processing periods are used to represent the entire crushing population while the outage periods are isolated to the impact of a single facility. This creates never before seen evaluation capabilities for national crush. The model also captures planned maintenance outages from multiple sources. Genscape monitors non-NOPA facilities to provide direct insight into prospective differences between NOPA and NASS.
Genscape's R-squared correlation to the NOPA and NASS national statistics is greater than 0.9 for each index.
You are here
The Soybean Processing Monitor features:
- Genscape's proprietary national forecast for the NOPA and NASS national soybean processing numbers, delivered up to seven days ahead of the NOPA release and up to three weeks ahead of the NASS release
- Weekly report of the current month's daily bushel processing rates on a facility-by-facility basis for more than 20 percent of the total U.S. soybean crushing population, available Mondays at 4:00 PM ET
- Daily reports that include lists of facilities that have gone offline or come back online within the previous 24-hours and an outage tally for the previous seven days
- Near-real-time outage and ramp-up alerts throughout the day for major U.S. soybean processing facilities
- Up to a year's worth of historical daily data for each facility
You are here
Benefits of the Soybean Processing Monitor:
- Understand trends at a facility-by-facility basis, regionally, and nationally
- Gain visibility into unplanned and unexpected outages to anticipate localized or national price shifts
- Answer the questions:
- Where is bean availability apparently running short?
- Is processing winding down or running strong towards the approaching new harvest?
- When is processing ramping back up as new beans become available?
- What is the overall processing rate related to a particular basis location?
- Will meal be tight or abundant in the coming days or weeks?