You are here
Gasoline, ethanol, jet fuel, and diesel/heating oil storage measurements for over 600 tanks delivered weekly, a full day before EIA estimates
Gain insight into critical storage levels for refined product physical inventories aligned with the NYMEX RBOB and ULSD futures contracts
Genscape’s New York Harbor (NYH) Product Storage Report delivers critical storage level insight for refined product physical inventories aligned with the NYMEX RBOB and ULSD futures contracts. This is the first service of its kind and utilizes the same highly calibrated infrared camera, aerial diagnostic and proprietary technologies that Genscape has used to measure and deliver our industry standard crude oil Cushing Storage Report.
Subscribers to NYH Product Storage Report get advanced access to unique data sets for deep examination of each of the 600 plus tanks in the NYMEX RBOB and ULSD contracts. Compare inventories for 26 terminals. Develop your own view of the gasoline, ethanol, jet fuel and distillate markets a full day ahead of EIA data releases. Stay ahead of competitors and enhance your own trading and research strategies well in advance of the rest of the market.
Reliability from the beginning. The weekly EIA and API reports, widely used by NYMEX traders for week-over-week and seasonal analysis, offer an estimate of product storage aggregated by PADD. Plus Genscape provides volumetric detail down to the tank level for a more specific, relevant, and complete data set a day before any other report.
Delivery: Emailed PDF reports, access to Genscape's Oil Intelligence dashboard, and historical Excel datasets
Frequency: Weekly on Tuesday at 10AM ET
Locations: North America
Subscribe: Call 866 292 8060
You are here
Features of the New York Harbor Product Storage Report:
- Delivered via email and dashboard every Tuesday at 10AM ET
- Provides storage totals by terminal, owner, and product type
- Covers gasoline, ethanol, jet fuel, and heating oil/diesel
- Tracks construction, maintenance and operational status of every tank
- Includes downloadable data with terminal, location, and tank level detail
- Includes weekly intelligence reports monitoring key market events
- Access to data via a web-based dashboard, CSV files, and Genscape’s historical data access tool (GDAT)
You are here
Benefits of the New York Harbor Product Storage Report:
- See the impact on forward price curves ahead of competitors with highly accurate storage data available a day in advance of public reports
- Be the first to know when owners/operators are making early moves when you chart individual tanks movements against futures contracts
- Set your trading strategies early when you use the only report with weekly stock data specific to New York Harbor
- Gain transparency and a valuable reference point to better balance and forecast supply and demand
- When combined with Genscape’s ARA Product Storage Report, track distillate stocks in each region to create a more concrete picture of available arbitrage opportunities
You are here
How is Genscape able to determine what product is being stored in a tank?
Genscape’s experienced research team has developed a comprehensive database of over 1,000 tanks in the New York Harbor region. Utilizing high definition photography, analysis of construction techniques, regulatory documents, fire safety protocols, on-site investigation and industry expertise, Genscape has been able to accurately differentiate product level detail for gasoline, jet fuel, and HO/diesel tanks across the New York Harbor region.
How are tank levels measured?
To determine individual tank storage levels, Genscape measures the elevation of the roof in floating tanks using pictures in the visual spectrum. Genscape also uses infrared images to detect storage levels in fixed roof tanks and to verify readings from the floating roof tanks. Genscape flies over each terminal once a week to collect detailed storage level measurements. Flights are set to late Thursday/early Friday to correspond to EIA reporting periods to allow for direct comparison of inventory levels.
How is new tank construction tracked?
Tanks observed as ‘In Construction’ are labeled in the csv download file. Genscape analysts determine when these tanks are completed and ready for operation. When hydrotesting has been completed and oil is observed in the tanks, these tanks are labeled ‘Operational’ in our database.