You are here
Understand the supply and demand fundamentals of European power markets to seize opportunities and manage risks
Cutting-edge scenario analysis capability, using high-quality fundamental data from the EPSI Data Store, provides the flexibility to explore customized power market views with the push of a button
The EPSI Platform's powerful, yet easy-to-use scenario analysis capability offers the flexibility to explore power market views, whether looking at day-ahead trading or longer-term strategic decisions spanning decades. The user is in full control of each scenario, allowing for exploration of key drivers such as demand forecasts and growth, wind and solar production, commodity price development, and new builds and retirements of plants.
A unique combination of market insight, thorough data research, relevant data streams, cutting-edge scenario analysis, and rigorous quality control allows the EPSI Platform to provide an unparalleled depth and quality of data focused on the fundamentals of the European power markets. This data has been developed and fine-tuned by sector experts over many years, and is updated on a continuous basis from different sources. All data is fully sourced so as to provide total transparency, and the web-based nature of the platform means never having to wait for data updates or software downloads.
Features of the EPSI Platform:
- Fully covers the interconnected European power market, extending as far south as Turkey and as far east as Russia
- Personalized dashboard with comprehensive data visualizations that are shared by teams
- High quality, up-to-date fundamental data from internal and leading external sources available in one convenient 'data store' hub
- Powerful scenario analysis
Benefits of the EPSI Platform:
- Quickly adjust scenarios in a constantly changing market, using the latest market data
- Stress test positions and explore what-if situations
- Guide strategic and investment decisions to explore mid and long-term vision
- Expert support available a click away
- Develop insights quickly with rapid model iterations
- Save time on implementation with ready-to-run, secure web-based programs
You are here
Avoid complex heavy lifting
Get sophisticated data with the detail you need, minus the hassle
Without the need for custom software or hours of analysis, traders and analysts are able to gather the market intelligence needed to support decisions using a simple yet powerful tool. The EPSI Platform incorporates the most up-to-date market data from industry leading data providers on an easy-to-use scenario analysis platform. Users login to the only web-hosted modeling solution in the EU to access a truly real-time service that has the flexibility to power in-house models when necessary, or simply generate the data required to communicate basic, short-term price drivers to internal stakeholders.
From traders balancing the day-ahead portfolio with weather forecasts and short-term market data, to a team of portfolio managers developing a hedging strategy, a trading organization finds value with the EPSI Platform at all levels. In addition to informing trading decisions, the EPSI Platform is used by banks and financial advisors to gather the data and intelligence needed to make decisions about project finance, getting credit committee approval, and advising outside clients in M&A processes.
With EPSI, traders and analysts are able to:
- Maintain complete control of the data inputs
- Focus on any European power market, at an hourly level
- Respond rapidly to changes in market conditions
- Stress-test positions and strategies
- Visualize and share results via the dashboard
You are here
A simple, sophisticated in-house solution for successful long-term planning
Conduct fundamental analysis using the industry's best data in a powerful scenario analysis platform
With up-to-date data available at your fingertips in a user-friendly online platform, it's no longer necessary to dedicate resources or outsource for strategic analysis projects. The EPSI Platform provides insight into future market development for mapping out strategy, taking new build decisions, and backing up M&A processes.
In addition, utility managers and strategists gain the necessary insight into which power markets require further capacity, as well as market scenarios to drive an initial business case for new development activity.
Gain strategy and investment insights to:
- Guide strategic and investment decisions
- Explore mid and long-term vision
- Achieve a common understanding within teams and between departments
You are here
Total European Market Coverage
EPSI provides detailed coverage for all 32 countries representing the interconnected European power market, plus Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia. The specific countries are listed below.
For each of these markets, EPSI provides access to detailed plant and demand data, up-to-date market price data, and powerful fundamental scenario analysis. The option to access only the fundamental data is also available for those requiring a simpler analysis or data integration with in-house models.
Central Eastern Europe
South Eastern Europe