Our Data API service enables traders, data analysts, data scientists, and programmers to programmatically access and analyze Genscape data via RESTful APIs. It is designed to be simple and intuitive, based on widely accepted standards and conventions, including REST, JSON, XML, CSV and HTTP success, and error codes. If you already have experience with other publicly available RESTful APIs, you will feel right at home. Figure 1 below shows you a code sample and different languages supported by the platform.
The API Portal has several direct advantages that users can benefit from:
- Versatility: Based on a familiar architecture, your development resources will be able to create, test, and deploy customised solutions.
- Increased connectivity: Links built on the API empower you to make decisions by leveraging historical and up-to-date information.
- More data unleashed: Genscape collects several types of data from various sources. Through the API, the portfolio of data type and data source will broaden compared to the current offering:
- Demand forecast and actuals from transmission system operators (TSOs)
- Live generation data from TSOs
- Renewable generation real-time actuals and forecast from vendor
- Commercial schedules for transmission flows
- Hydro storage
- Weather variables
- Flexible integration: The Data API service allows you to create a functional application to incorporate Genscape data into existing workflows and processes or integrate quickly and easily with your preferred business intelligence toolset.
The Data API service can be accessed from the Genscape API Portal. You will need to be subscribed to the service and authenticate yourself with a login ID and password.
Genscape is launching the Data API service with these initial data sets for Europe:
- European Power Outage (REMIT Urgent Market Messages (UMM))
- European Availability (Generating Unit Production Capacity)
- European Power Monitored Generation & Transmission Data
Additional data sets are constantly being added. The current list can be accessed here. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your subscriptions and access to the Data API service.