We offer an exclusive view into the North American crude-by-rail market, a market which has evolved into a major component of overall North American crude transportation. We directly observe and track the number of trains and the cars per train to provide a highly accurate estimate of weekly crude volumes. We constantly expand our rail-monitoring network to keep up with rapidly growing infrastructure, ensuring you have an up-to-date understanding of activity in this market.
Our report includes fundamental rail loading and unloading volume data, forward-looking and trend market analysis and spot assessments for U.S. crude benchmarks. We also report on markets at rail terminals in the Bakken and the pipeline hub at Beaver Lodge.
Keep tabs on the crude-by-rail market:
- Explore the Market: Stand out from the competition with deep analysis of fundamental developments on rail loading and unloading volume, key pipeline flows, calculated producer netbacks and rail freight costs.
- Access Prices: Get the most-up-to-date insights into rail movements and transportation costs to gauge the price of the marginal barrel. Our analysts collect bids, offers, and transactional information to determine rail-car leasing rates, crude differential assessments, and our rail delivered crude price assessments.
- Strategize: Receive weekly newsletters that identify competitors' economics, update rail loadings and pipeline flows from Canada and the Bakken producing region, as well as crude-by-rail receipts along the coasts and the Mid-Continent.
- Gain Vital Insights: Understand how rail is being used as a flexible option for oil producers to sell their product at the highest possible rate. Get a look into rail infrastructure development to better access Bakken crude oil deliveries.
- Extensive Coverage: Get information on loadings in key areas and receipt points, including: North Dakota/Wyoming, the Permian Basin, Canada's Western Sedimentary Basin, U.S. Gulf Coast, U.S. East Coast, and U.S. West Coast
Get the most comprehensive and timely intel into pricing assessments, and what's driving trends in the market.
TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS:
Gain insight into rail infrastructure development to better access Bakken crude oil deliveries. Our unique technologies track the number of trains moving and the number of cars per train, allowing us to calculate product volumes.