We want our blog posts to encourage conversation and engagement amongst all of our readers. To maintain a relevant, thought-provoking and informative space for discussion, we require all commenters, including Genscape bloggers, to adhere to community participation guidelines, and reserve full rights and discretion to remove or otherwise take-down comments, links or posts which do not adhere to these guidelines:
- Harassing or inappropriate: Hate speech, profanity, obscenity or vulgarity, name calling, personal attacks, taunting, name-calling, defamation to a person or people, or any other remark deemed inappropriate will not be tolerated. Dominating the conversation, discouraging participation by others, threatening or promoting violence, or wishing for harm to befall another person is not acceptable.
- Obscenities and discriminatory remarks: Comments or links that are obscene or contain profanity or that may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual, stereotypical, country of origin, religious affiliation, or any other grounds are prohibited.
- Promotional: To maintain the value and integrity of Genscape’s blog, we will remove comments deemed to be spam, questionable spam, junk mail, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any sort, or promotional. We also ask that you share only useful and relevant links in the comments section. Advertisers and endorsers must disclose the nature of their relationship and comply with all FTC guidelines and may be removed at Genscape’s sole discretion.
- Off-Topic: In an effort to facilitate a useful and informative blog, we ask that comments are relevant and related to the blog topic, within reason.
- Privacy: Comments or links which invade another person’s privacy or proprietary rights are prohibited.
- Attachments and Links: Excessive links to external web sites, comments in all capital/bold/italic letters, excessive blank spaces and objectionable profile photos are not permitted.
- Viruses: Uploading, posting or submitting anything that contains viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or programs designed to interrupt the enjoyment of the blog is strictly prohibited. Anyone who intentionally posts such data may be prohibited from future commenting.
- Legal Rights: Commenters to the blog may not upload, post, submit or otherwise make available any content that they do not have the legal rights or permissions to make available under any law, regulation, guideline or contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment or contractor relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Posting of Genscape trade secrets or proprietary intellectual property information is strictly prohibited and will be immediately removed.
Thank you for taking the time to review our community participation guidelines. Our goal is to provide a community that adds value to our readership and we look forward to your participation. If you have questions or comments regarding Genscape’s policy, please contact us at Marketingteam@genscape.com.